Sunday, September 14, 2014

Today's lesson was taught by Kathy Harker.  Kathy has such a great spirit and makes you not only hear her lesson, but you feel it.  I was struggling about parenting today, before the lesson.  Sometimes I feel like I am constantly harping on the same things.  It is kind of like what was mentioned in Sacrament Service today, we are taught by repetition.  So I am clarifying this, it is not nagging, it's parenting!  I am so grateful to be in our ward, and be taught by so many.  We are taught not only by hearing lessons, but mostly by example.  For those of you who aren't real familiar with Kathy, let me tell you about her.  She has been in our ward, like me, forever.  She raised her 5 beautiful daughters in this ward.  The Harker's don't have can't in their vocabulary.  Kathy has spent nearly half of her time in this ward in the college ward and stake.  She has served in Young Women's and as Relief Society President.  She adds spunk and style to our ward.  Check out her shoes, purses, and jewelry if you don't believe me.  She is one of my closest friends, and I am so grateful to call her my friend.  I encourage all of the new sister's to take a minute to get to know her.  Thanks so much Kathy for your service, and love and prayers go out to you and your family at this time.

Just a reminder, next week will be a busy one!

Monday- FHE  Don't forget

Tuesday- Stake Picnic at 5:30, bring your wrapped cookies if you signed up.

Wednesday- RS Humanitarian Project and Lunch- Bring a side dish or dessert to go with soup.  Please, if you work, come over for lunch and chat with great friends!

Sunday-  Ogden Temple Dedication- 10:00 am is our assigned time.  Don't forget your recommend or yellow card.

Have a Great Week, I hope to see you several time throughout the week.  

Love ya,  Connee

No comments:

Post a Comment