Monday, September 22, 2014

Ogden Temple Rededication

What a great opportunity it was to be able to attend the Ogden Temple Rededication, via live stream.  Isn't amazing how we can have to opportunity to be involved and witness these great events from our own chapel!!!  I remember when the Ogden and Provo Temples were first dedicated, with their definite 70's look.  My first experience of a Temple dedication was attending the Provo Temple dedication in the Marriott Center.  I was 12 or 13, and was so excited.  I know being able to experience a few events like this, and Girls Camp every year, I was able to feel the Spirit and know that I want that in my life.  It took only a few years for me to make Sacred Covenants in that very same temple with my family.  It was such a great reminder on Sunday of the purpose of the Temples.  I know I don't take the time to really appreciate and love the Temple as I should.  It is so important that our children and grandchildren see us attend the temple.  I am sure as the Ogden Temple closed in 2011 that the saints there really have felt the loss.  Sometimes we don't appreciate what we have, until it is taken away.  They could remodel our Temple and then we would certainly feel the void in our lives, not have it a quick 5 to 10 minute ride into town.  I encourage all of us to make the Temple a part of our lives and make an extra effort to get there a little more often.  Thank you also, to those in our Ward that serve in the temple every week.  We certainly couldn't go, if it weren't for those who sacrifice their time in our service.  I missed seeing you this week and look forward to seeing you soon.  I won't be here Sunday, then it is Conference.  Don't have fun without me, Connee

No comments:

Post a Comment