Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mother's Are Special

As Mother's Day approaches, I especially miss my Mom.  I didn't take advantage of having her here, and truly appreciated her as she deserved.  I was my Mom's last chance for a girl, after 4 boys.  She was heard wailing up and down the halls of the hospital, when she learned I was her girl.  I never wore a pair of pants until I was 5 years old.  Dresses were so fun for her to buy and make.  I was glued to her side my entire early childhood.  We went bowling, shopping, getting her hair done, and about any activity imagined.  I was present at her Den Meetings and know that is why I loved the Cub Scout Program.  I learned discipline from her, chasing my brothers around the house with a yard stick.  It's quite comical to remember those days.  She always had a household of neighbor boys, teaching them and feeding them.  I am so grateful to have been raised by such a strong woman.  She was very creative and was a expert at knitting.  I miss her so much, she has been gone 11 years now.  In that void, I thought that I would like to honor those women who have reached the age of 70 and up.  I want to make this a tradition.  I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to know such amazing women.  I have always loved to hear the different stories I hear of these experienced women. I look forward to seeing these special Sister's tomorrow and visit with them.  I love ALL the women of our ward, and certainly don't want anyone to feel left out.  It will be like turning 12 and getting to go to the Young Women's Program.  It gives us something to look forward to!!!!  I'm glad to be back. Love you All.  Connee

No comments:

Post a Comment