Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Message


As I am recovering from the Christmas Parties, I am reflecting on the past year.  I have been so blessed to serve the Sister's of the Bloomington 2nd Ward.  I am so grateful for each of you, and consider you each my family.  I have had such a great time trying to think of ways to pamper each of you and make you feel special.  I know I have not been the greatest at all times, but all I can do is my best.  I have been so blessed, personally, over the past year.  I have seen my baby girl move across the world and gain a stronger testimony of her Savior.  We have lost two special Sister's in the past months.  Sister Shirley Johnson, who I had the privilege to Visit Teach years ago.  I grew so close to her and Foster, and thought of her as a second mother.  Then, Sister Linda Cottam, who recently passed.  She has been ill since moving in, so we really didn't get a chance to know her for the vibrant women she was.  It makes me sad to lose these two Sister's and they will surely be missed.  We have grown as a Relief Society, with the many Sister's who have moved into River Stone.  Then in one swoop, lost so many Sister's when the ward was split.  I survived the Youth Trek to Martin's Cove, and witnessed the strength of my husband, as he led this great event.  It was at that time, I was aware he would be in the next Stake Presidency.  So, it was no surprise when he received this great call.  I have put on many a party, as you know, and tried my best to make them memorable.  My love for each of you has grown, as I have served.  My only hope is that each of you find peace in this Christmas Season.  I hope you have all of the hustle and bustle behind you, so you can focus on your Families and mostly you Savior.  I love each of you and look forward to 2016 being another great year.  Connee

No comments:

Post a Comment